There has been alot of talk on the boards lately about what people will be doing at Xmas time... counting points or not counting points... I think everyone should just do what they feel is right for them. If they need the accountability of counting everything then they should do it, if they dont want to count but just be aware then they should do it, if they want to go back to their old ways for the day then they should do it. We are all different, and different things work for different people. I wont tell someone that what they are doing is right or wrong, we are all adult enough and have been on the roller coaster that is weight loss enough times to know what works and what doesnt.
I wont be counting points on Xmas day but I have learnt enough in the last 4 months to know about portion control and what to eat most of and what to eat in moderation. I am really looking forward to it (for me it will be quite a challenge to be faced with all that food and to know I am in control).
I talked to Mum on the phone on the weekend.. she was asking how the whole weight loss was going (and if I was still doing it... ahhhhhh mothers, dont you just love them). She was really excited for me that I had lost 15.6 (yes that .6 is very important!!!) and said that my workmates must've noticed a difference. I had to tell her that apart from my boss (who knows I am doing WW), nobody has said anything. I think it is hard for them though... they see me every day and at my weight sadly to say, 15.6 kgs lost doesnt make a heck of a difference. I wonder how long, and how many kilo's lost it will take before it starts getting noticeable. Hmmmm something to ponder... I reckon 50 should do it :)
Well this is quite possibly my last post before Xmas so have a happy time everyone and I hope to report a loss on the WI after Xmas.

Here is a pic of me I took today.
Hi Nicky, I love reading your blog.
ReplyDeleteI can really see the difference in your face in your start photo and now photo.
I can relate to people not noticing your weight loss. I have lost 10 kgs and no-one has said anything yet. Mind you I too haven't told many non ww people that I'm doing this.
Have a fantastic christmas.
NICKY I can see the loss in your face honey!! I can tell just from your pictures!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are going great guns keep it up and have a fab xmas. I am also not going to count but I will write it all down so I can keep myself in check :)
Take some more photos of yourself in your hall way I bet there is a huge change.
I look forward to watching you shrunk in 2009!!
Vic xoxox
Nicky..........Mothers !!! Dont you love them. Have a good Christmas. Hopefully Christmas isnt too bad. I am a bit anxious about it but will try and fit in extra walks. Martine
ReplyDeleteNicky like everyone else I can see a change in your face a big change
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of more photos in the hallway
Do you take your measurements?
When I started at 160 kilos I didn't have anyone notice until I was down to 125 kilos as people just don't realise, but also I think sometimes they don't want to be rude and say it because it is about weight after all.
ReplyDeleteBut I must say after seeing your starting picture HOW ON EARTH DID THEY NOT NOTICE because there is a huge difference in your face for sure. You are doing really well and I love your attitude.
Have a great Xmas.