A few things strike me about the picture... I look happy, my skin is looking pretty good, my husband isnt smiling again!!! (he never smiles in pictures, Im starting to get a complex lol) and I cant wait to get my wedding ring from off my necklace and back onto my finger.
One thing I want to start doing is visualisations... I think they could help alot. The only problem is I have been overweight for so long that I cant actually visualise what I would look like at a normal weight. I look at my picture and wonder how different I will look... not too much I hope... I might not recognise myself in the mirror!!!
Hi Nicky
ReplyDeleteI love reading your blog. What an inspiration you are! I started my weight watchers journey at 150 kgs and so far am down about 13.5 with another 55-60 kgs to go. Yes, it is a long journey, yes it is damn tough, but every day brings a smile to my face as I learn that I CAN DO THIS. Stay strong. Each day is just that - one day. A small set back or slip up is not the end of the journey.
I will continue to read your entries and look forward to lots of pics and happy messages!
One thing that strikes me is the smile is true...not sure if that makes sense but I can see it is a smile you wanted to smile not one you HAD to smile ....Talk about a blonde I am most likely not making anysense but Oh well thats me lol
ReplyDeleteWhen is your goal to get your ring back on your finger??
You are doing so well. Keep up the great work and the smile looks fantastic to me. It is great how you can see positive things about the picture as I know I find it hard when looking at my own pictures. One day you will see you at goal and know that you did it!!! One step at a time. Not long until your ring is back on your finger.
ReplyDeleteNicky you are a beautiful woman and you are going to be so hot (and not in a sweaty way) as you make your way towards goal.
ReplyDeleteYou WILL get that ring back on your finger and you may even find yourself in my boat. I nearly lost my rings while swimming the other day because they slipped off my finger! When I started ww, I couldnt even get the off with soap!! LOL.
Enjoying watching your journey,
Joanne.
HI Its all about me... Thanks for the message. I want to be able to find good things about my pictures because that in turn makes me feel good about myself. If I wanted to I could find lots of stuff to be negative about but I dont want to live like that. Im sure you could find things in your pictures to like... whether it be good hair, nice smile etc
ReplyDeleteHey Kathie, Sure I know what you mean (I think :)
ReplyDeleteMy goal is to get my wedding ring back on my finger by the time our 3rd wedding anniversary comes around in October 2009. I havent been able to wear it for any of my anniversaries yet. Im hoping that I will be able to fit it before then though.
Lol Jo your message made me giggle all the way to work this morning. The bit about being hot, not the bit about nearly losing your rings!!!. Although having them nearly come off when you were swimming is an awesome sign that you are losing weight everywhere!!
ReplyDeleteNicky - maybe try visualising in stages? Maybe look at your wedding photos and decide to be that weight again, then keep going backwards? I tend to see myself getting to weights from my past - when I moved to townsville, when I finished uni, when I moved overseas, when I finished school etc.
ReplyDeleteGood luck, I'm sure your wedding ring will look lovely back on your hand!
Nicky,
ReplyDeleteI think you are amazing. You can, and you will, do this.
I am on weight watchers but only have 10kgs to lose, and I thought that was hard.
You truly are an inspiration to me, and I mean that.
Keep up the great work and enjoy your new life, with the lifestyle changes.
BTW, you are an awesome writer, have you thought about writing for a career, you could sell your story, I'm sure heaps would buy it!!
Hi Nicky
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel when you say you can't imagine yourself thin, I too struggle with this, even though I'm 20kgs lighter now I still look in the mirror and don't see much of a difference, lucky i took my measurements in the first week! It doesn't always show in the scales thats for sure. You should be really proud of how well you are doing. I look forward to following you through on your journey and perhaps meeting you someday when we are both hotties!!!
Cheers
Sam
I'm a big fan of visualisations, I hope that they work for you! I try to imagine how I want to feel & the life I want to be living more than what I want to look like. That way, when I look in the mirror I'll see myself rather than my body & hopefully still recognise the person that I am! Best of luck xx Jess
ReplyDeleteHi Nicky,
ReplyDeleteI stumbled across your blog from someone elses. I really hope you don't mind me following your journey. You have made such an amazing effort so far and have an amazing journey ahead of you and I want to be on your blog right to goal!
:)
Liz
Thanks Treasure... Im glad you're enjoying my blog. Not too sure about selling my story though.
ReplyDeleteHey Sam, I can definitely see the difference in your photos! I reckon we are already hotties but it wont hurt to be healthy hotties at goal wearing awesome clothes :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Jess!!
ReplyDeleteHey Liz, Thanks for your comment... follow away!! The more the merrier I say!!
ReplyDelete