Monday, December 8, 2008

Yay another loss!!! And a great weekend.

Well another 1.1kgs is gone forever, never to return. Yippeeeeee. Can you tell Im excited :)

I completely missed being 195 and went from 196 to 194.9... I am a fat burning machine hehe. I didnt have the best week food and exercise wise but I stayed within my points so I feel pretty good about that.

I had a really great weekend... I spent most of it shopping for items to change the colour scheme of my lounge so now it is baby blue, chocolate brown and white. Its amazing what a difference having matching cushions, artwork and candles makes to a room. It looks lovely. I also bought some nicknaks for the kitchen and some fabric for changing the colours of the spare room. Cant wait to get that room looking pretty.

I also took the dog to the groomers and bought pots and baby plants such as basil, parsley, mint and chives... just dont ask me how much my weekend cost haha.

Now the bestest of all things from the weekend wasnt getting the lounge sorted, the dog groomed, the plants planted, or the artwork painted... no it was having the energy to do all of that... the walking around the shops, the not going round and round the carpark looking for the closest park to the front door (I actually parked the furthest I could get because that was the first carpark I came across), and the getting up early to make the most of the beautiful weather. Things really are getting easier... holy crap imagine how good I will feel after I've lost 100 kgs!!!

I have also made a decision... I was going to wait until I lost my first 10% (21kgs) before I put my weight on my signature in the WW boards but I think I will do it today. Only my husband knows how much I weigh but I figure hey... after reading all the posts for the last 3 months, one thing I have learnt is that if you have 100kgs or 10kgs to lose you are all in the same boat... you think the same, go through the same things, feel the same in certain situations, so it is time to come clean. Im hoping that it will be quite freeing in a way.

Oh and one other thing... my sister sent me a text (as she does every weigh in day) to see how I did and once I replied I got another message back from my 8 yr old nephew saying "That is cool Aunty Nicky" (I cried lol)

Here is a picture of my dog Basil a couple of months ago after I knitted him a jersey (my first ever knitting project) and a picture of my DH Alex and I on our NZ Wedding day October 2006 (we originally got married October 2005 in England).








10 comments:

  1. Hi Nicky, congratulations on your loss so far, I'm so happy for you. I'm glad you started a blog, I did too and it has helped me get whatever is on my mind out and admitting my weight in numbers was probably the hardest thing to do but I feel so much better for it. The support on the ww boards and through my blog has been amazing and I have met some wonderful people and enail buddies through it. I find if I'm feeling down I jump on and someone is always there to support. So good luck I look forward to seeing how you are progressing. Cheers Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    I am so glad you have started a blog
    congrats on your loss you are doing gr8
    Keep it up
    I am adding your blog to my list of favourites on my blog hope you don't mind
    Take care
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Sam & Kathie. You really don't know how much your comments mean to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely wonderful read your blog is. As someone on the same journey, it is really inspiring to hear about how you deal with all of the trials and tribulations of weight loss. I love your sense of humour and your successes often help me to walk past the fridge.

    Keep up the good work!

    Ange

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi

    Just thought I would say well done and look how far you have come. I will be coming back to visit. Such inspriration. Keep going!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Ange & Its all about me for your comments. Its nice to know that people have enjoyed reading my blog. It is quite personal, I dont censor what I write... I just write what I feel at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nicky

    I so enjoyed reading your blog, you write really well and I could relate to everything you said. Good on you for taking the step of putting your start weight "out there". I successfully avoided weighing myself for almost four years, when I finally faced up to it, I thought now I really have to do something about it. You are doing so well and I look forward to reading more of your journey. Best wishes, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicky I really want to say congrats for taking such a massive step as to reveal your weight to the world. WELL DONE! I am a big believer in not being able to change what you don't acknowledge and you have put it out there for all to see.
    A big step on my journey was revealing my weight. Now I tell anyone who is going to stand still long enough to listen! I think its a way of burning bridges. You can't go back to your start weight because everyone will know what it is if they see you gaining again.
    I think you are a star and today is an important day.
    BTW you were a beautiful bride and are going to be a fantastic rolemodel and inspiration for a lot of people. I am really excited to be able to watch you shrink. Make sure to blog with lots of pics, the best blogs are honest (as yours already is) and have lot of pictures.
    I will be back!
    Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on being brave enough to reveal your weight to the world. Its is such a huge step well done.

    I so love your pictures and what a cool name for your dog, Basil...

    Hope you have a great week and I love what I have read on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your honesty and to put your weight out their is brave. I have mine on the WW site and terrified someone I know will see it. I have book marked your blog. Welldone.

    ReplyDelete

Starting Picture

Starting Picture
Wow! Almost as wide as the hallway

Side View

Side View
Almost as wide as the hallway!!

Back view

Back view