Thursday, October 23, 2008

Weighing every day

I know I shouldnt do it but I just cant help it... I have to weigh myself every day. I have told my DH that if I get depressed because of all the fluctuations then to take the scales off me.

Who wouldnt get depressed though... you do so well counting points and getting exercise and one day the scales say one number and then the next day the scales tell you you're a whole kilo heavier!!! I know I retain alot of water and I just have to keep telling myself that I am doing a good job and to stick at it.

Which leads me to the fact that I have started talking to myself. I should have done it a long long time ago. The reason that I have never been able to stick to a "healthy eating plan" is because all number of things happen and I lose my motivation. Be it not losing fast enough, just getting bored, having a bad day with food and giving up etc etc etc. Those of you in the know, know that it just takes one little thing and we give up. Well no more I say!!! I am NOT giving up this time. I am going to work through my issues, talk to myself, be kind to myself and if I had a bad day with food then I need to just put it behind me and focus on eating right the next day, and the next day, and the next day.

2 comments:

  1. hey Nicky
    I also weigh myself everyday...I do it so I can see what I ate the day before and how it affects my weight... ie does that food make me retain fluid or not
    Hope that helps
    Keep going

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathie. After 3 months I have come to terms with the fluctuations on the scale and I also continue to weigh myself every day. I also find now it helps with knowing what is going on in my body.

    ReplyDelete

Starting Picture

Starting Picture
Wow! Almost as wide as the hallway

Side View

Side View
Almost as wide as the hallway!!

Back view

Back view