Friday, November 21, 2008

Driving someone elses car

I had a bit of a breakthrough yesterday... there was a car that needed to be moved from outside our office as it was blocking another car. The owner had left his keys as he went out for lunch with one of the bosses so I was asked to move it.

Well. Normally I wouldve made an excuse to try and get out of it or refuse point blank but I was feeling great about things yesterday (mustve been that water weight I lost but have mysteriously found again haha). The reason I dont like to get into other peoples cars is because generally I dont fit. Pesky things those steering wheels!! I also dont like being a passenger in other cars because I dont know if the seatbelt will be long enough and if you are a passenger in someones car who insists you put on the belt before they will move, well then you're screwed. It is EXTREMELY embarrassing to have to try the seatbelt while they are watching and not having it fit.

But I digress... As I said I was feeling good about things yesterday so I went and moved it. Now Im not saying I slid behind the steering wheel like a waif but I did manage to get in behind the wheel without cutting off any circulation... yay for me!

Then today I did it again!!!! I went out in my bosses car... and the seatbelt fit!!!! Crikey Im getting good at this.... soon I will be flagging strangers down just so I can get behind their steering wheel and put on the seat belt.

2 comments:

  1. Haha you make me laugh with your flagging ppl down
    I understand the whole car thing...When hubby and I buy a car I have to make sure the seat belt fits and I can fit behind the steering wheel...He has to distract the salesman incase I don't fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol know EXACTLY what you mean. When we bought a car about 6 months ago I tried discreetly to put the seat back as far as it could go, suck everything in and hope like hell I could do up the seatbelt. What made it worse was the salesman was sitting in the back of the car when we went to take it for a test drive and the darn car beeped if you didnt have the belt on!!! I squeezed myself in and did the belt up but it was so tight I was pinned to my seat and couldnt move lol. In the end we ended up buying the car and we bought a seatbelt extender from Ebay. Last week I took the extender off because now I have room to spare!! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete

Starting Picture

Starting Picture
Wow! Almost as wide as the hallway

Side View

Side View
Almost as wide as the hallway!!

Back view

Back view