Friday, November 21, 2008

People who stare

I know they probably cant help it but I am sooooooooo over people who stare. I catch them staring all the time... one day my husband actually said to one man "would you like a picture, it will last longer". He gets more annoyed than I do I think.

I guess its just human nature to look at people who are slightly out of the ordinary... be they overweight, underweight, shorter than average, taller than average, in a wheelchair etc but there is having a look, and then there's having a looooooooooooooooooooooooooook!!!!

I take the train 3 days a week at present and I have my usual seat that I like to sit in... its on one of those bench seats (my butt takes up a good three quarters of it). Sometimes though in the rush of the afternoon commuters I have to sit in a chair which is attached to another chair. Now at 198.1 kgs, I take up my seat and a portion of the next seat... and try as I might I cannot make myself any smaller. I see people get on the train and they look around for a seat... you can almost see their brains thinking "now that is a rather large lady, will I be able to squeeze myself next to her or shall I sit next to the wino who has fallen asleep and smells like sick (well I might be exaggerating but you get the drift)" I always feel kinda grateful when people sit next to me and it is probably great exercise to hold yourself in, trying to make yourself smaller for a whole hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Starting Picture

Starting Picture
Wow! Almost as wide as the hallway

Side View

Side View
Almost as wide as the hallway!!

Back view

Back view