Tuesday, February 3, 2009

20kgs gone and still addicted to chips!!

Well I made it... 20.2 kgs gone now, yay for me!!!!

I am really stoked that I have come this far and I am totally committed to going all the way. I only have 12 lots of 10kgs to lose, or 6 lots of 20kgs, however you want to look at it. I myself quite like the 6 lots of 20kgs... doesn't seem as much lol. I would hate to think of it in 5kg lots... I would still have 24 of those left!!!

Things are coming along swimmingly with the packing although it is quite a task to pack up everything as well as keep the house tidy for prospective buyers and make it look like its lived in. I soooooooo cant wait to move... only 11 more sleeps :)

Well my addiction to chips hasnt subsided in the last 5 months since I've been doing WW. It is a totally psychological thing with me and I'm positive it stems from when I was growing up. We spent alot of weekends when I was small (up until the age of about 11) at various soccer clubs around my home town because Dad played. Every time we went we were allowed a bag of chips. I remember it made me feel special because I was allowed a treat. But then when I was a teenager and I started to put on weight, I was limited when it came to my "treat"... as a family if we ever had chips I was only allowed one or two while everyone else ate what they wanted. At that time I remember feeling embarrassed/ashamed that I was different. So my problem now (and for quite some time) is that I want to eat chips frequently (because I can) and I want to get that feeling of being "special".

I have a 1 point bag of vege crisps pretty much every day to satisfy my habit but I still get the temptation to eat as many as I can when they're available at other times... whether it be drinks after work etc. Yesterday I had no control at all. I went to the supermarket after work and bought a big bag of rashuns and ate them all to myself. Even while I was eating them, I was asking myself why and I knew I should stop but I just couldnt. I didnt feel happy, sad, special or otherwise... I just felt neutral. Even now I dont know why I ate them and Im not sure it even matters. It is the first time in 5 months that I have pigged out on chips and I dont think thats too bad for a chipaholic. Perhaps I am reading too much into it. I think I would need to be really worried if this was a regular occurance although at some stage I need to give up my daily snack pack of chips.

Well enough about the chips now. I went and had my nails done and for losing 20kgs I got some pretty flowers painted onto my thumbnails.




4 comments:

  1. Hi Nicky
    Congratulations on reaching 20kgs, thats a fantastic effort, and good luck with moving. The beauty of ww points is that you can fit them in within your daily allowance but maybe try to find something similar to chips to gradually replace them, having said that I love my chocolate and I have a small freddo daily and within my points, but gradually I have been weaning myself off them and I don't get the cravings for them like I used to, its definitely a learning curve this journey and it will all come in time Nicky, keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing how you are going.
    Cheers
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 20kgs Nicky - you should be very proud of yourself! I think it's important to remember that when your journey is a long one you have to keep things realistic - and if that means there's something you crave you have to have it, and slowly wean it out of your diet over time. As long as you're happy with your losses then that's what matters, when you become disheartened with them, then maybe that would be a good time to challenge some habits.

    Well done for treating yourself with a reward too - your nails look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nicky,
    Way to go losing 20kgs!! You must be very proud of yourself!! :o)
    I just found your blog recently and am finding it very inspiring! I hope your house move goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on reaching 20 kilos Nicky! Thats so awesome.
    Why do you think you will have to give up your one point bag of chips one day? Its one point! I have a 2 point icecream every night and have no intention of ever giving that up. We have to have the stuff we enjoy or else we end up eating the whole big bag.
    I am sorry your family treated you like that. They meant well, they had great intentions but were totally ignorant to the effect it would have on you. I think it is important to focus on the fact that they were trying to help and I am sure the last thing they wanted you to do is feel embarrassed and sad.
    I think you need to forgive them. Forgive them for being ignorant and not knowing better. You don't even need to tell them. Forgive them and let it go.
    The only thing we can change about the past is how we let if affect the future.
    I think its time those memories stopped affecting your future.
    Joanne.

    ReplyDelete

Starting Picture

Starting Picture
Wow! Almost as wide as the hallway

Side View

Side View
Almost as wide as the hallway!!

Back view

Back view