I took the dog along too but he is only little and as I was going around the back straight towards home I was just about dragging him behind the bike. He was so tired... it probably didnt help that he had been at the kennels while we were away and he always goes bonkers in there with all the other dogs to play with. I thought I might get a basket for the front of the bike and put him in there when I go on longer rides. That should look a sight and I will post a picture when that happens.
I have been thinking about whether or not I still want to do WW online. It was great at the beginning because the boards were so supportive but Im not feeling the love there any more. I shy away from asking questions or making observations just in case a seemingly inocuous sentence starts World War 3. It seems Im not the only one who doesnt post alot any more which is really sad because it should be a place where people can post their thoughts and feelings without being shot down.
Sooooooo I will continue to think about it, write down some pro's and cons and also consider going back to Sparkpeople which is a far better website than WW and its free. Anyway, thinking, thinking.
Well thats about it for now, will write again soon.
Have a look also at calorieking.com.au. Also free but Australian, I love Sparkpeople but find the food part a bit tricky with ounces, pounds etc.
ReplyDeleteGood Luck with your weight loss, love the blog!
The good thing about gaining a big amount quickly is that i've found you tend to lose it quickly when you get back to plan. That 1.8kgs will be gone in no time.
ReplyDeleteAs to the WW boards, have to say I don't spend a lot of time there but I find I get amazing support and motivation from blogging.
Hi Nicky. Just stumbled across your blog and I have read the whole thing. I couldn't stop reading. You are doing amazingly well. You should be sooo proud of yourself. I am sorry that you are finding the WW boards not so great at the moment. Irrespective of what you do, I think you are amazing. And you are right people should be able to voice their differing opinions and still be treated with respect. It is a shame that that is not always the case.
ReplyDeleteHi Nicky - I just wanted to say that you're doing really really well - you'll work the gain off in no time. I'm one for believing in the journey for life. One bad week is one bad week, and what's 1 week in the big scheme of things? :) Good on you for getting onto your bike - I'd love to see that pic of your dog in a basket when you get one, lol. As for the WW boards - funny what people can do/say/get upset over. It's so easy to be misread...it's just like emails that get misconstrued. Don't stay away from the boards as there are heaps of great people just waiting to share the love, lol. Like you, I'm following the plan online, and still love it after nearly a year. it's certainly been more difficult staying on track since Christmas, but I keep reminding myself that it's the big picture that counts.
ReplyDeleteHope I wasn't carrying on too much - I think you're great and read your blog regularly. All the best for this week!
Good on you for getting on that bike! I can't wait to see the pics of the pup in the basket, that should be so cute! :-) Get someone to take a photo of you when you've got some speed up on your bike and maybe he'll hang his tongue out the side :-)
ReplyDelete